Substance Use Program
Effective, Adaptable Care for Substance Use Disorders
Homewood’s Addiction Medicine - Substance Use Program is a 6 week specialty inpatient program focused on treating individuals who are
struggling with substance use, including alcohol, drugs, and/or
Treatment is overseen by addiction physicians as well as an interdisciplinary team that includes, psychotherapists, nursing professionals, occupational therapists, recreation therapists, consulting psychiatry and other allied health professionals.
The Homewood Addiction Medicine – Substance Use Program also offers specialized content responsive to the unique needs of first responders and healthcare professionals.
Who This Program is For
You are 18-years-of-age and older and are seeking help for and recovery from problematic substance use including alcohol, drugs (including
marijuana), and prescription medications.
Outpatient or less intensive inpatient treatment experiences have not helped you to achieve lasting recovery. You value the experience of healing with others, in a community setting and are motivated to make changes that will help you more effectively manage your symptoms and enhance your overall well-being.
The 6 week Substance Use Program helps patients engage effectively in recovery in a group setting and offers:
- Recovery-focused process groups
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)-based relapse prevention
- Adjunctive therapy and psycho-education sessions tailored to substance use disorders
- Introduction to Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) skills
- Group-based programming, with individual support available as required
- Peer support groups (such as SMART Recovery, AA, and others
- Caduceus groups (healthcare providers only)
- We support the use of opioid agonist therapy (i.e. methadone, buprenorphine), and the use of other medications for the treatment of substance use when clinically indicated
Mood, Anxiety & Concurrent Program
Help for significant symptoms of depression, anxiety and problematic substance use.
Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, veterinarians, and individuals who report to a licensing college, regulated body and/or those involved in the handling of controlled substances are eligible to participate in this program.
First Responders, Military & Veterans
Active and retired first responders (e.g. firefighters, police, corrections, paramedics, coastguards), military and veterans are welcomed into this group.
The percentage of patients who feel treatment meets their main addiction needs
The percentage of patients who felt they learned valuable skills from the program
The percentage of patients who would recommend Homewood to others
How to Get Help
To be admitted to the Homewood Health Centre, you require a referral from your doctor or other healthcare professional. We can help you with the patient referral and admissions process.